Collister Twins Countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 23, 2011

12 weeks




These poor babies are getting no blogging love from their mama. Well, in between working full time, taking care of a two year old, and going to all my dr appts, I guess things are a little different this time around. I am 12 weeks this Sunday and will "graduate" from the fertility dr. to my regular ob. Last week I was able to stop the twice daily progesterone injections, estrogen pills and patches, and baby aspirin regimen. It is so nice to be able to flop on the couch at night after Vanni goes to bed and not have to jump up to get poked in the butt. Jeremy hates giving them and I hate receiving them so we were both pretty stoked to pass that milestone. Here's a little glimpse of what the "medicine" cabinet looked like for the first 11 weeks.





Syringes, vials, and sharps containers, oh my!!! Bye bye!!!

In other exciting future mother of twins and a toddler news, we did what any family in our position would do - we bought a mini van! Oh, what we do for our children!!! Gone is the vanity, the cool quotient, and the days of zippy little cars. I am the proud owner of a big ass bus!!! In all honesty, I love the minivan and it's the coolest looking one I've seen. (Nissan Quest) Even my sister Karis, the fashion goddess, was impressed. But she said she still wouldn't drive one. Lol. The car fits up to 7 and everyone we talked to including the doctor and the car salesman (who could've sold us a more costly SUV) told us that with 3 under 3, the minivan is the way to go. No struggling to get to someone over a row of seats. We could probably camp out in there, there is so much room to walk around and get to whoever is screaming for attention the loudest (soon to be story of my life). So we really are the proud, happy owners of a brand new minivan. Heres to the kids destroying, errrr, thoroughly enjoying it!!

Lastly, I wanted to share this funny snapshot of the direction my life is headed in. I found a crazy clearance deal on some good bottles, so I went for it. I got 6 bottles for each baby, and two types - tiny bottles for the first few months and bigger ones for when they start to have eating contests with Vannin. So in total I walked out of that store (fresh and easy) with TWENTY FOUR bottles.



Pretty sure this is just one indication of how SUPER SIZED our lives are about to get. In fact, that's what the doctor should have asked before the embryo transfer. Instead of asking us to sign a waiver acknowledging the "risk" of multiples, he should have just asked if we'd like to super size our pregnancy. Mmmmm....fries sounds good right now. (what doesn't? I'm an eating machine!)

Until next time...

Peace, love, and 3 under 3!!!